I purchased some already made cornbread with blueberries in it, and I am convinced that it’s not really apart of the bread family.
It falls more into the category of cakes and desserts.
What other bread items are judged as dessert?:
- Blueberry muffins: They are sweet like a cake, so they really aren’t a side dish to a salad.
- Apple cinnamon muffins: Again, another sweet dessert type.
- Cinnamon rolls: uh…should never be a bread option at the table.
- Coffee cake.. not bread. It’s cake.
- Banana bread: sweet, dense, dessert-like..can be eaten alone with a glass of milk.