I am not a hipster, and I am certainly not a man.
The only way I could feel like a true hipster was to go out of my comfort zone and do some manly things..
It requires me to think like a man.
I call it “My hipster man plan.”
- First, I glanced through some online hipster sites, like the tourism page of Portland, Oregon. Very informative.
- I noticed a lot of hipsters are creative types, so I took a couple of pics outside of nature. Instagrammed them immediately with hashtags #freetobemelife #joshuatree #reclaimedwood #rivers #hipsterlife
- Hipsters love their coffee, so I went to my local artisan coffee shop and ordered some Americanos with some shots of expresso. Super hyped.
- I ordered a smoothie of hummus, kale, and avocado. Added a banana for sweetness..
- Went to REI store and pretended to look at the camping equipment.
- Watched a compost heap do its thing…
- Changed my root beer, to a craft beer.
- Picked up some local eggs by the side of the road.
- Took a nap in a canoe.
- Looked at the clouds, jotted a poem in my leather wrapped journal.
- Read a book on Growing Beards the Hipster way...
- Made sure I had a lot of bearded friends hanging out with me sporadically during the day… most had the new Apple watch.
I think this was hipster?